Visual Arts of South Asia (VASA) – Art Festival & Exhibition
THEME: Colours of South Asia.
DATES: July 15 – 28, 2018
About the Theme: Art from the South Asia is culturally rich and artistically diverse attracting admirers from all over the world. To bring this vibrant art and culture to the Canadian mainstream Colours of South Asia invites art that narrates and explores social, cultural and transitional experiences. We are keen to see art that brings to life personal stories and memories that are important to the Artist and depict their journey as a South Asian Artist in Canada.
Colours of South Asia is a curated exhibition. We welcome digital submissions of original artworks from all levels of local and regional artists across Canada. Artworks can be two and three-dimensional including painting, drawing, photography, printmaking, textiles, sculpture and mixed media.
Select participating artists will have an opportunity to offer free workshops of their art form to public during the exhibition and will be provided a small fee to cover costs of supplies. Please mention if interested in this opportunity in your email.
ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE FREE!
Deadline for entry: June15th, 2018 (11:59 pm Eastern Time)
Notification of Selection: on or before June 28th, 2018
Accepted Works Drop-off: July 15th, 2018, 10 am – 12 Noon
Exhibition Dates: July 15th 2018 – July 28th, 2018
Pick-up Date: July 28th, 2018, 2 pm – 4 pm
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR SELECTION
- Each digital submission allows an artist the opportunity to submit up to 3 images of original works of which, up to 2 will be selected for display.
- We are only accepting digital entries. Send submissions via email to Aparna Rangnekar – firstname.lastname@example.org with “Colors of South Asia Submission” in the subject line OR to download entry form click here
- Name images with your first and last name, followed by a number. Example: Janedoe01. Along with the images your submission must include a list with details of your artwork such as title, medium, size in your email. Image files should have a minimum resolution of 72 dpi.
- Results will be emailed no later than June 28th, 2018 with further information. The curator will appraise work in accordance with the exhibition theme while looking for innovative work that successfully represents the objective of the theme along with technical skill, form and concept.
- All works accepted to the show must be ready for display. Work must be dry and ready to be hung. VASA – Art Festival reserves the right to reject unacceptable framing, works not ready to hang or works which are misrepresented on the digital submission.
- If you are accepted, by submitting your entry you give VASA – Art Festival the right to publish your images for publicity purposes (credits to the artist will be included) for the current year and within all future promotions.
- Delivery to and pick up from the exhibition venue of one’s own artwork is the responsibility of the Artist. Final works will be accepted if they are mailed or shipped, but costs incurred are the Artist’s responsibility. Shipping insurance and that of the artwork is the responsibility of the applicant.
- No entry may be withdrawn once it has been accepted. All artwork must be on display and cannot be removed from the exhibition for the entire duration of show even if the artwork is sold.